Saturday

Geneva

I went to Geneva downtown, spent "some" time reading Mafalda's comic strips in the bookstore I found last week. I went through all the books in Spanish, and after realizing choosing one book wasn't easy, I took a Salomonic decision: I'll buy them in alphabetical order. Benedetti. That's today's author. I walked along the rivershore. It was cold. It is cold. I read only a couple of lines. I thought I wasn't getting enough motivation from a French translation. But clearly that can't be the case here. And not with Benedetti. I liked La Tregua. I loved Primavera con la Esquina Rota. Anyway. I kept walking. There was some public exposition. Pictures. About poverty and wealth, seen through the lens of a child's cammera. I think that's what it was. I liked a couple of lines. I doubted the "childish" nature of some others. I spent 100 dlls today. Like that. Not sure when this happened. My careless behavior, I mean. I like Mafalda. I like Quino.

No comments: