Friday

Science vs. Yourself

Choosing your (my) thesis topic is quite like choosing what kind of woman to be: interesting or pretty.

* * *

Some may argue you can be both.

-------> Update (a few hours later)

Mika sings the theme song for the new movie: Kick-Ass (which, said aside, seems quite interesting). 'We're young', I think is called. It says:

We're young. We're strong.
We're not looking for where we belong.
We're not cool. We are free.
...

I particularly like the last line. I have never wished to be 'cool'. Instead, I have always wanted (or claimed to want) the freedom of being. Just being.

But, am I really beyond the need of public recognition? Can someone this ambitious and egocentric really live just with the satisfaction of having done her best? Or do I need more? Lately I've been feeling overwhelmed with stuff to do, and my biggest concern is giving a bad impression of my work. Is this concern valid?

I deserve a 'insert you favorite stuff here' which I can enjoy. I have earned that much. The right to enjoy what I do. Then, everything should be OK, I hope.

.. and I'd written more stuff that now seems pointless... just like what I wrote here.

* * *

I think I'll go with 'pretty', despite my better judgment... I'm just playing in the safe side.

No comments: